In this video I show how to make marshmallow fluff without corn syrup. Marshmallow fluff is a spreadable marshmallow like spread, it is soft, creamy and so delicious. You can use it for sandwiching cakes as an alternative to buttercream icings amongst other uses.
- 300 grams white caster sugar
- 125 ml cold water
- 2 large egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Put some water in a pot and bring it to a gentle boil on the stove.
- Put the egg whites and sugar in large heatproof bowl and place it over the pot of boiling water
- Start whisking the egg white mixture until it is a bit frothy (about 15 seconds) and then add in the the other ingredient except the water and whisk
- With the whisk running slowly add in your water until it is all used up
- You will notice that the mixture is quite runny but carry on mixing until it is nice and thick and there are soft peaks staying on top of the mixture when you lift the whisk up. This can take about 12-15 minutes
- When you get some of the mixture and rub between your fingers it should not feel grainy
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking until the mixture has cooled to room temperature and it is very thick and shiny. This again can take about 12-15 minutes but definitely worth it.
- You can now use the marshmallow fluff to sandwich cakes as an alternative to buttercream or use it to make some smores or spread on bread or whatever else
Buy hand whisk
Electric hand mixer : http://amzn.to/2yCwPsH