Pavlova is a dessert made from meringue and topped whipped cream and some fresh fruit and a dusting of icing sugar to garnish. In this video I show you how to make pavlova, large pavlova recipe.
Ingredients (Large pavlova recipe)
- 3 egg whites
- 120 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 300ml double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fruit for decorating
- icing sugar to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150 Celsius
- Draw a 20cm/8 inch round template on greaseproof paper and put it on a baking tray and put it to one side
- Make your meringue by putting your egg whites in a bowl and then whisk, you will notice that it is bubbly. It will not be ready but carry on whisking until soft peaks appear.
- Put your sugar in a separate bowl
- Add a tablespoon of sugar at a time and whisk well between each tablespoon of sugar added and leave one tablespoon
- Mix your cornflour and vinegar together and add this to the mixture with the last tablespoon and whisk
- Put a bit of the mixture between your fingers and it should feel smooth not grainy. If you tip the bowl upside down the meringue does not fall out and this also shows it is ready.
- Spoon the mixture within the circle and then raise the sides up a bit
- Bake in the oven for about an hour and switch the oven off
- Remove from the oven and remove the greaseproof paper and then put the meringue back onto the baking tray and put it back in the switched off oven and leave it to cool completely in there with the door closed.
- When the meringue has cooled completely put your filling mix in a bowl and whisk the cream until it is thick
- Put your meringue onto a serving plate and then spoon the whipped double cream on it and then arrange your fruit on top
- Sieve some icing sugar on top to decorate and serve
- Store in the fridge