In this video tutorial I will show you how to decorate a giant cupcake and base. I decorate the giant cupcake base with chocolate fingers and pipe the top and finish off with some sprinkles.
You will need the following :
- A giant cupcake, you can watch a video I made to find out how to bake it.
- Two packets Chocolate fingers for the base (Milk Chocolate Fingers : affiliate)
- ribbon to tie around the giant cupcake base (optional)
- Some icing of your choice, or you can choose from the following
- Dark Chocolate ganache
- American buttercream
- Swiss Meringue buttercream. You need to make more than this batch depending on the design on top.
- Bake a giant cupcake using this giant cupcake recipe. Buy cupcake pan : https://amzn.to/2lZmSRR (affiliate)
- When the cakes are ready, put the bottom part on a serving plate and cut it in half, spread icing on it.
- Put the other half on top and crumb coat the sides of the base, then put a second thicker coat to help the chocolate fingers to stick.
- Spread some icing on top of the base and put the top part on it.
- Pipe some icing on top and then add some sprinkles. If you want to learn how to decorate a giant cupcake with buttercream roses you can watch a tutorial I made showing how to pipe buttercream roses.
- How to put a nozzle in a piping bag
- Add some sprinkles on top and serve.
- If you are transporting it, you can tie a ribbon on the base to help the chocolate fingers stay in place