In this video tutorial I share with you this delicious giant cupcake recipe. It has a great texture and is moist and delicious.
If you do not have the giant cupcake tray you can buy it here (affiliate).
- 200 grams butter
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 300 grams sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 360 grams self raising flour
- 4 large eggs
- 180 ml plain yoghurt or buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 150 Celsius
- Spray your cake tin with cake release (You can buy some cake release here (affiliate)). Alternatively, brush the inside of your tin with melted butter and dust with some flour. Put to one side.
- Put the butter, oil, and sugar in a bowl and whisk together until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and whisk well between each egg added.
- Add in the flour, salt and buttermilk and fold in with a spatula until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the two sides of the cake tin and level with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour until it is well reason and golden brown. You can use a cake taster dipped in the middle of the cakes, if it comes out clean they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and leave them in the baking tray for about 10 minutes.
- Put a cooling rack on top of the cake tray and then flip it upside down to release the cakes.
- Gently pull off the cake tins and then leave them to cool completely before decorating.