Red velvet cake is one of my favourite flavours to bake. I bake variations of the cake and sometimes I make layered cake with cream cheese frosting. In this instance I decided to use one of my nordic ware bundt tins to make this beautiful and delicious red velvet bundt cake
Red velvet bundt cake ingredients
- 300 grams self raising flour
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (sieved)
- 113 grams vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 240 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon red food colouring paste (you may need more or less depending on your red food colouring concentration)
Add these two ingredients after the cake batter is smooth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Method for red velvet bundt cake recipe
- Grease and flour your bundt pan and put to one side.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Put all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Put the dry ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and lemon juice and mix it in.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 40-45 mins until slightly golden brown and firm on top.
- Test with a cake tester, if it comes out clean it is ready.
- Leave the cake in the tin for about 10-15 minutes and then use two cooling racks to flip the cake onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Put it on a serving plate and dust some icing sugar on it and serve.
You may also want to try this marble bundt cake recipe