Pumpkins are a great addition to some bakes and they add moisture to some cakes. This moist pumpkin bread recipe is moist and the addition of the spices makes it smell amazing. The taste is absolutely fantastic too.
Ingredients : Pumpkin Loaf Cake
- 225 grams self-raising flour
- 200 grams cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice or pumpkin spice
- a pinch of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
Method : Moist Pumpkin Bread recipe
- Butter and flour your loaf tin, a 900g loaf tin roughly 17cm x 9cm x 9cm.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 Celsius
- Put 150 grams of the chocolate chips in a small bowl and add some of the flour to quote them
- Whisk the eggs, oil and sugar together in a bowl until the mixture turns lighter in colour.
- Add the mashed pumpkin, spices and flour into the bowl
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir the mixture together
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and level the top, sprinkle some of the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. You can check after 40 minutes to see if it’s ready. Put a cake tester in the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean it is ready.
- Leave the cake in the tin for about 5 minutes before turning it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- You can sprinkle some icing sugar on top (optional)