I love the almond flavour in these biscuits, they are a bit crunchy and yet melt in the mouth.
Ingredients for Almond Crescent Biscuits
- 225g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 115g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
To decorate Almond Crescent biscuits
- 60g icing sugar
Method : Almond Crescent biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 160 Celsius
- Prepare a baking tray
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl and add the vanilla extract
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it looks crumbly
- Put the dough in the fridge so that it firms up.
- Use your hands to make some small dough balls (about 10 grams each) roll them into a rope shape. Place on a cookie tray and gently shape into a crescent shape
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until slightly brown
- Put the icing sugar in a bowl and put the almond crescent cookies in the icing while still hot and cover them. Coat a few at a time.
- Put on a cooling rack to cool completely, dust more icing sugar on them when they are cool.