Leftover buttercream can be frozen or used to make biscuits or cookies. These are simple cookies to make and can be made with any colour buttercream you have left. They can be left plain or you can decorate them with Royal icing.
- 150 grams buttercream
- 150 grams plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (if the buttercream didn’t have it already)
- 1 small egg
- pinch of salt
- Whisk the buttercream until smooth
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk
- Add the flour and salt and whisk, it will be crumbly
- Put the whisk to one side and use your hands to form into a dough ball.
- Put the dough in cling film, and flatten it, put it in the fridge until it firms up and becomes easy to roll
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out your dough then cut out your shapes with a biscuit cutter
- Gather up all remaining dough and shape into more biscuits until all your dough is used up
- Put them on a biscuit tray and put them in the fridge to firm up before baking.
- Ten minutes before they are ready preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and then bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes. Check on them so that they do not brown too quickly
- Put the biscuits on a cooling rack to cool completely