In this post I am going to share with you this easy biscuit recipe. Making biscuits from scratch is fun and simple to make. You can adjust this recipe to add many different flavours to it. You can also add dried fruits, nuts or chocolate chips to it.
You can make it a day ahead and put it in the fridge to get ahead of other things if you have guests coming over.
- 150 grams softened butter
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams plain flour
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the vanilla extract
- Add the egg and mix
- Finally add the flour and salt and mix well into a dough ball.
- Put the dough in cling film, and flatten it, put it in the fridge until it firms up and becomes easy to roll
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out your dough then cut out your shapes with a biscuit cutter
- Gather up all remaining dough and shape into more biscuits until all your dough is used up
- Put them on a biscuit tray and put them in the fridge to firm up before baking.
- Ten minutes before they are ready preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and then bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes. Check on them so that they do not brown too quickly
- Put the biscuits on a cooling rack to cool completely