Every once in a while I like to go through my Nordic Ware U.K bundt tins and choose one I have . not use in a long time or one I have not used at all. I decided to make a chocolate bundt cake because I realised I did not have one on my website yet.
I love this recipe because the cake is moist, my favourite chocolate cake.
Ingredients : Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 200g caster sugar
- 220g light muscovado sugar
- 100g cocoa powder
- 270g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder or granules (if using granules dissolve them in the water)
- 240 ml warm water
- 120ml cup vegetable oil
- 240ml sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or a teaspoon of vanilla paste or seeds from a vanilla pod
Method : Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius
- Butter and flour (or use cocoa powder) a bundt pan and put it to one side. How to prepare a bundt pan for baking.
- Put the sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl. Add some water into it and mix.
- Put the rest of the wet ingredients into a jug and mix together. Pour this mixture into the cocoa powder mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into the large bowl. Whisk together until it is smooth. You may need a hand-held electric whisk for this if you have one.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for about 40 – 45 minutes. When you press it down gently it springs up. If you are unsure you can use a cake tester inserted into the middle of the cakes. If it comes out clean it is ready.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before turning the cake out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Decorate as you please, you can drizzle some ganache on top or dust some icing sugar. For the drizzle you do not need much. You can use 50 gram amounts for the ganache and cream.