In this video tutorial I show you how to make peppermint creams. They are quick and simple to make and taste and smell great. These sweets also make great gifts.
- 450 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- few drops peppermint flavouring
- You will also need cutters to cut out the peppermint creams
- Put the icing sugar in a bowl
- Add the lemon juice into the egg white and whisk gently
- Pour the mixture into the icing sugar
- Add in the peppermint flavouring and mix with a fork.
- When the mixture is too thick put the fork to one side and knead the mixture with your hands in the bowl
- Put some icing sugar on the baking paper and gently knead the mixture and then roll it out until you get the right thickness.
- If it sticks add more icing sugar and then stamp out shapes with your cutters
- Put the cut outs on to some more baking paper and leave them to dry for a few hours but preferably overnight
- When they are dry enough, melt some chocolate and dip the peppermint creams in it and put them on the baking paper and leave the chocolate to set.
- You can cover all of them in chocolate or leave some uncovered. You can package them and give some away as gifts