In this video tutorial I show you how to make this easy, delicious and moist Oreo cake from scratch. This cake is also called a cookies and cream cake. The cream cheese frosting goes really well with the cake.
- 260 grams self raising flour
- 160 grams butter
- 40 ml veg oil
- 4 large eggs
- 100 ml plain yoghurt
- 230 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams Oreos
- Double this cream cheese frosting recipe
- 50 grams Oreos
- mini Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 150 Celsius
- Grease and line the bottom of two 8 inch round cake tins and put them to one side.
- Put the Oreos in a food processor to crush them until fine or use a rolling pin to crush them into as close to a powder as possible. Put to one side.
- Put the butter and oil in a large bowl and whisk until they are smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract (if using) and whisk until creamy. Add in the eggs one at a time and whisk well between each egg added.
- Then add in the flour, baking powder, salt, plain yoghurt and crushed Oreos. Use a wooden spatula or a spatula and mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the two cake tins and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- While the cakes are in the oven make the Oreo cream cheese frosting. Double that recipe and then add the crushed Oreos and vanilla extract and mix with a spatula and put in the fridge until the cakes are ready to decorate
- Check that the cakes are ready, they should lightly golden brown or test with a toothpick. If it comes out clean they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cakes in the tins for about 10 mins and then loosen the cakes around the edges with a spatula . Remove them from the cake tins by turning the cake tins upside down and removing the paper.
- Leave them to cool completely and then decorate with the Oreo cream cheese frosting.
- You can put some of the cream to sandwich the cake in the middle and then coat the outside and then pipe some on top and finish off with some mini Oreos.