In this video I am going to show you how to cover a round fruit cake with marzipan.
You will need the following
- A round fruit cake (to bake one there is a recipe here
- 750 grams of Marzipan
- a rolling pin
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or any other jam of your choice
- a small sharp knife or pizza cutter
- a pastry brush and some icing sugar
- Cover the cake with apricot jam to help the marzipan stick
- Roll out the marzipan to the required thickness, using icing sugar on the work surface to prevent it from sticking
- Roll our marzipan onto the rolling pin and gently place it on to the jam covered cake
- Smooth it down with our hands or a cake smoother
- Cut off any excess marzipan, you can use the marzipan to make some decorations to go on your cake.