In this video I show you how to make carrot cake. Carrot cakes are some of the most popular cakes in the world and there are so many carrot cake recipes available. This moist carrot cake recipe is one of the delicious ones and it is simple and quick to prepare.
The cream cheese icing compliments the carrot cake perfectly! I hope you will love this carrot cake recipe as much as I do.
- 225 grams grated carrots
- 225 ml vegetable oil
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams soft brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 100 grams slightly toasted, chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 225 grams self raising flour
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 50 grams slightly toasted an chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175 Celsius
- Butter and line two 20 cm round cake tins and line with baking paper
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients except the flour and walnuts into the bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add the flour and mix until smooth and then finally the walnuts and mix
- Divide the mixture between the two cake tins
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Test with a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake it comes out clean they are ready.
- Let them cook completely before decorating with the cream cheese icing and the walnuts sprinkled on top. If you would like to cover the sides of the carrot cake double the cream cheese icing.