In this video tutorial I show you how to fill cupcakes. This can be done even without a cupcake corer, all you need is a small sharp knife. You can use this same method for piñata cupcakes. Filled cupcakes add an element of surprise and moisture to cupcakes.
You will need the following
- baked cupcakes, e.g moist chocolate cupcakes
- Some chantilly cream, Swiss Meringue buttercream or chocolate fudge icing a filling of your choice
- a piping bag fitted with a nozzle, you can watch a video on how to put a nozzle in a piping bag here
- Bake the cupcakes and when they are completely cooled get one and get one, put it on a plate.
- Make filling and put it in a piping bag fitted with a nozzle.
- Get a knife and cut a hole in the middle of one cupcake, cut it deep enough to put filling in. Take care not to make a hole in the bottom of the cupcake case.
- Use the piping bag to put filling in the cupcake and pipe some more cream on tops.
- If you are making piñata cupcakes, fill the hole with sprinkles or small sweets, you can use some of the cake to plug in the filling (optional). Then pipe some cream on top
- You can now decorate the cupcakes on top with some sprinkles or anything else.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the cupcakes.
You can buy piping tips and nozzles by following the links below to Amazon
Piping nozzle : http://amzn.to/2y9U0tE
Piping bags : http://amzn.to/2jB1SQk