Funfetti cakes are pretty and colourful and make a great addition to an party or event. I am going to share with you this simple funfetti cake recipe which is easy and simple to make.
- 200 grams butter
- 210 grams sugar
- 300 self- raising flour
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- a handful of sprinkles
- 4 large eggs (about 260 grams)
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 150 Celsius, line two 8 inch/20 cm round cake tins and put them to one side.
- Put the butter, sugar and vegetable oil in a bowl and whisk it together until creamy and light in colour.
- Start adding the eggs one at a time and whisk well between each egg added.
- Add in the flour and sprinkles and fold in the mixture until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the two cake tins and use a knife to level the top with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 – 35 mins until light and golden brown, test with a toothpick and if it comes out clean they are ready.
- Leave them in the cake tins for about 10 minutes and then remove them and put them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When they are ready put one on a serving plate and put some cream cheese frosting on it and spread it to the sides sprinkle some sprinkles on top.
- Decorate the top and sides with the icing and put some icing in a piping bag.
- Pipe some around the edges on the top and pipe around the bottom of the cake. Add some more sprinkles on top.
- Serve and enjoy.