Cream cheese and chocolate chip blondies are quick and simple to make and taste amazing. They store well so you can keep them in an airtight container for a few days if making them for your family.
Ingredients for cream cheese blondies UK
- 100 gram chocolate chips
- 150 grams cream cheese
- 125 grams butter, softened
- 150 grams soft light brown sugar
- 250 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- half teaspoon vanilla extract
Method for cream cheese blondies UK
- Pre-heat oven to 180 Celsius
- Prepare an 8 inch square cake tin with some baking paper and put it to the side.
- Mix the cream cheese and chocolate chips in a bowl and put to one side
- In a different bowl, put the butter, vanilla extract and sugar and whisk or mix together until creamy and light in colour
- Add the eggs, one at a time and whisk well between each egg added
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix
- Put half of the batter into the prepared cake tin and level it with a spoon
- Drop spaced out spoonfuls of half of the cream cheese and chocolate chip mix on top. Flatten then a bit with a knife.
- Add the rest of the blondie mixture on top and spread it on top
- Finally put the cream cheese frosting on top
- Swirl the mixture together with a toothpick or a butter knife, level the top
- Bake in the oven for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top
- Remove from the oven and leave them to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes.
- Flip the blondie on to a cooling rack, peel off the paper and leave to cool completely
- Cut into squares and serve.
You can try this recipe too Jam and Coconut Traditional Sponge Cake