Homemade sweets bring so much joy and I love making them. Fudge is one of my favourites sweets to make, chocolate fudge is absolutely amazing. Homemade sweets make great gifts for different occasions.
I love to use cellophane tied with a ribbon to package them in.
Ingredients : Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 450 grams caster sugar
- 300 ml can evaporated milk
- 150-200 grams dark chocolate
- 56 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- sprinkles, optional
Method : Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- Line a 18cm or 20cm cake tin with greaseproof paper and put some sprinkles on the tin if you want to achieve the same effect as I did in the image above
- Put all the ingredients,except for the vanilla extract, in a medium to large heavy based saucepan and heat gently on a hob until the sugar has dissolved
- Bring to a gentle boil until the temperature reaches 108-110°C on the sugar thermometer or the jam stage, stir occasionally to prevent sticking and burning
- Remove from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes on a cool surface and add the vanilla extract and dark chocolate
- Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted and then pour into the prepared tin.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and leave until almost set, about 5 minutes, then use a sharp knife to cut into squares and leave to set and cool completely
If you wait for the chocolate fudge to cool completely before cutting it will be difficult to cut and will crumble and break
You can also try making white chocolate fudge