Chocolate fudge icing is rich and cream and it tastes amazing. I like to use this recipe for cupcakes and chocolate cakes because it is quick and simple and it sets well. In this video I show you how to make chocolate fudge icing in a few simple steps.
I used this chocolate fudge icing recipe to decorate this chocolate tray bake recipe
You can make this recipe to cover chocolate cupcakes or any other chocolate cake recipes. The recipe will be a bit too runny to pipe but you can let it set until you can pipe it or just dip chocolate cupcakes into it while still runny.
For the Icing
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 300g icing sugar
- some hot water
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together with 1 tbsp water and add the vanilla extract
- Sift in the cocoa powder and salt
- Beat in the icing sugar, to make a smooth icing.
- Add a little extra boiling water if needed.
- Spread over the cool cake and sprinkle on some sprinkles
- Cut into some squares and serve. You can be really creative with this. For a children’s party once I put a jelly baby on top of each slice and they loved it.