In this video I share with you my favourite chocolate chip muffins recipe. They are quite big like bakery style chocolate chip muffins. I love baking muffins for breakfast or a quick snack and I love the texture. Bakery style muffins have a high top and they look beautiful. I sometimes add fudge pieces together with my chocolate chips. They are absolutely delicious when warm because the chocolate and fudge will be nice and melted.
This recipe makes 12.
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 100 soft light brown sugar
- 125 ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 250 ml plain yoghurt
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or seed of half of a vanilla bean
- 400 grams plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 200 grams chocolate chips or (100g chocolate chips and 100 grams small pieces or fudge)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius
- Butter and flour each cupcake hole in your cupcake tray, this will stop them from sticking. I like the look of these muffins without the paper liners. For this particular recipe I do not like to use paper liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix the wet ingredients together separately in a jug.
- Put about 150 grams of your chocolate chips in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredient mix and coat your chocolate chips in it.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix and stir in chocolate chips and fudge until just mixed in.
- Fill the muffin cases to just over two thirds full. I use an ice cream scoop, sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the muffins and push them down gently.
- Put the muffins in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 180 Celsius and bake for around 22 mins. Ovens differ so please test with a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle of the muffins to see if they are baked through and remove from the oven when they are ready.
- Leave them in the tray for about 5 minutes and then transfer them on to a cooling rack to cool completely.