This bubblegum cupcakes recipe is the first amongst many foodie flavour recipes I will be sharing with you. As I wrote in a previous post I bought some natural foodie flavours for the first time at the Cake International NEC March 2016.
Had I not had the chance to actually smell them at the Cake International show at the NEC I would have had to take a lot of convincing to even try them out because I have been disappointed with a few flavourings in the past. Anyway I eventually got the chance to try out the bubblegum flavour and it is absolutely amazing! If only you could smell and taste them via your monitor.
You can put as much of the flavour as you would like depending on how strong you would like the flavour to be. I made my favourite buttercream icing to go with the cupcakes. I made the butter cream icing a bubblegum flavour by just adding a few drops of the natural foodie bubblegum flavour to it.
- 113 grams (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 133 grams (2/3 cup) white caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- a few drops of Bubblegum natural foodie flavour
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 60 ml sour cream or plain yoghurt
to decorate (optional)
Bubble gum flavoured sweets
- Preheat oven to 175°Celsius (350°Fahrenheit)
- Line your cupcake tray with paper cupcake liners
- Whisk all your wet ingredients, apart from sour cream, together in one bowl .
- Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Finally stir in the yoghurt and a few drops the bubblegum natural foodie flavour.
- Divide the mixture as equally as you can between the 12 cupcake cases.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top (test with a cake tester and if it comes out clean they are ready)
- Cool and decorate.