Lemon Drizzle Bundt Cake
In this video I will be showing you how to bake a Lemon Drizzle Bundt Cake in a Nordic Ware U.K Vaulted Bundt Pan. I love Nordic ware U.K cake tins because they are strong, durable and above all the fantastic designs one can make and my collection keeps growing. If you do not have a bundt tin you can bake the same cake in a tray bake tin (9 inch by 12 inch)
Lemon cakes are some of my favourite cakes and lemon drizzle cakes really bring out the flavour of lemon and they are especially lovely in the summer because of the refreshing lemon taste.
- 225 grams very soft butter
- 225 grams caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 300 g self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- a few drops of Natural Foodie Flavours Lemon (optional)
- 5 tablespoons milk/sour cream or juice of one lemon
- grated zest of 2 lemons
For the lemon drizzle
- 175 grams caster sugar
- juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius
- Prepare your bundt tin by brushing it with melted butter and then flouring it and then put it to one side.
- Put all your cake ingredients in a bowl and whisk until just smooth.
- Spoon into the prepared bundt tin and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Test with a cake tester and if it comes out clean it is ready.
- While your cake is baking make your drizzle. Put your caster sugar in a bowl and then add the lemon juice and mix
- When the cake is ready poke some holes on top with a toothpick or fork and spoon the drizzle into the cake.
- Leave the cake in the tin for about 10-15 minutes and then turn it upside down on to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- If you have some more drizzle you can make more holes on top and drizzle a bit more or just dust with icing sugar and serve when it has cooled.
You can buy the bundt pan here : Nordic Ware U.K Vaulted Bundt Pan