Banoffee is a word used to describe food that tastes or smells of both banana and toffee. In this video I am going to show you how to make Banoffee Muffins using fresh bananas, a few drops of Natural Foodie Flavours Banana and some soft toffees.
These banoffee muffins make a great snack or can be served for breakfast. Like with most banana baking recipes always use overripe bananas preferably with black spots on them because they are a lot sweeter and they are easier to mash.
This recipe make 12 banoffee muffins
- 250 grams self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 grams light muscovado sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium sized mashed bananas
- a few drops of Natural Foodie flavours Banana (optional)
- 100 grams toffee pieces coated in flour so that they do not sink into the mixture
- 100 grams walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 190 Celsius and prepare your muffin tray and put it to one side
- Break or cut the toffee into small pieces and then put about a tablespoon of the flour into the toffee and coat the toffee in it and put it to one side
- In a bowl of the brown sugar add in the oil, milk and eggs and mix well together
- Add in the mashed bananas and a few drops of the Natural Foodie Banana flavour (if using), mix
- Add in the flour and mix it a little bit and then add in the toffee and walnuts (optional)
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- When ready test with a toothpick and if it comes out clean they are ready.
- Put on a cooling rack and leave to cool completely or serve until warm.