Easy fondant icing recipe for beginners
In this video tutorial I show you how to make fondant from scratch. This easy fondant icing recipe for beginners is quick and simple to make and tastes great. It can be flavoured and coloured easily too.
Fondant icing is also known as plastic icing and sugarpaste or sugar paste.
- 450 grams icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons liquid glucose
- 1 egg white
- few drops of any flavouring of your choice
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl
- Add the glucose syrup and egg white to the icing sugar
- Flavouring can also be added at this stage
- Mix with a fork until it is too thick to mix
- Put the fork to one side and gently need it in the bowl.
- Put a bit of corn flour or icing sugar on your work surface and knead it.
- You can now use the icing to cover cake boards or cover cakes or make fondant decorations.