Sometimes some sweet puff pastry recipes use puff pastry which is not sweet and I find it does not balance very well. I decided to make this sweet puff pastry
Ingredients sweet puff pastry recipe
225 grams white bread flour or plain flour
pinch of salt
225 grams butter
150 ml cold water
25 grams caster sugar
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Method sweet puff pastry recipe
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl
- Remove 25 grams of the butter and put it to one side
- Put the rest of the butter between two sheets of greaseproof paper and flatten it with a rolling pin into a rectangle (about 2 cm thick) and put it in the fridge.
- Rub the 25 grams butter into the flour mixture and add the cold water and lemon juice and mix until it forms a dough.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough into a rectangle about 3 times longer than the block of butter.
- Take the butter out of the fridge and place it in the middle of the pastry. Seal the sides of the pastry and then fold the bottom part of the pastry over the butter and then fold the top over the butter. Fold the pastry again and then turn the pastry and roll it out until flat.
- Repeat the folding process and then put it in the fridge for about an hour to firm up.
- Remove from the fridge and fold and roll two more times and then put it in the fridge to chill again for another hour.
- After the hour remove from the fridge and repeat another 2 more times and put it in the fridge until you need to use it.