In this video I show you how to make this easy moist chocolate cupcake recipe. The sour cream and oil in this moist chocolate cupcake recipe makes them moist. If you don’t have sour cream plain yoghurt will do.
- 100g caster sugar
- 110g light muscovado sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 140g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee powder or granules (if using granules dissolve them in the water)
- 120 ml warm water
- 60ml cup vegetable oil
- 120ml sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract or a teaspoon of vanilla paste or seeds from a vanilla pod
- Preheat oven to 180°Celsius
- Prepare a 12 hole cupcake tray by putting cupcake cases in it.
- Put all your wet ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth
- Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Divide the cupcake batter between the 12 cupcake cases (You might make a bit more depending how much you fill the cases but try to fill about half way to two-thirds of the way)
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean it is ready
- Remove the moist chocolate cupcakes from the oven and leave them in the tray for about 10 minutes and then remove from the cooling rack to cool completely.
When the moist chocolate cupcakes have cooled make the chocolate fudge icing which you will use to decorate the cupcakes
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together with 1 tbsp water and add the vanilla extract
- Sift in the cocoa powder and salt
- Beat in the icing sugar, to make a smooth icing.
- Add a little extra boiling water if needed.
- Spread icing over the cool cupcakes with a spoon , you can watch a tutorial by clicking the link, and sprinkle on some sprinkles