In this video tutorial I show you how to make a chocolate buttercream icing with cocoa powder. This icing is great for cakes, cupcakes, macarons and most other bakes. It is simple to make and tastes great. You can play around with the amount of sugar to your taste.
- 250 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 320 grams icing sugar
- 35 grams cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons very hot water
- Put the butter in a bowl and whisk until creamy
- Add in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt and mix it in and then whisk. Mixing it in just stops the cocoa powder from flying all over the work surface.
- When mixed in finally add in the icing sugar and hot water. Mix it in together and then whisk until creamy.
- This icing can now be used to decorate most bakes and here are just a few examples chocolate cupcakes
- Oreo cupcakes or any other cupcakes including vanilla cupcakes