In this video tutorial I am going to share with you this chocolate biscuit recipe for cutters. Making biscuits from scratch is fun and simple. It’s also a great thing to bake with kids. .
You can make it a day ahead and put it in the fridge to get ahead of other things if you have guests coming over.
- 170 grams softened butter
- 170 grams caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 280 grams plain flour
- 20 grams cocoa powder
Method for chocolate biscuit recipe for cutters
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the vanilla extract
- Add the egg and mix
- Finally add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix well into a dough ball.
- Put the dough in cling film, and flatten it, put it in the fridge until it firms up and becomes easy to roll
- Dust your work surface with cocoa powder/flour and roll out your dough then cut out your shapes with a biscuit cutter
- Gather up all remaining chocolate biscuit dough and shape into more biscuits until all your dough is used up
- Put them on a biscuit tray and put them in the fridge to firm up before baking.
- Ten minutes before they are ready preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and then bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes. Check on them so that they do not brown too quickly
- Put the biscuits on a cooling rack to cool completely