Rainbow Vanilla Cupcakes
Vanilla cupcakes are like a blank canvas. There are so many options you can use to decorate them, let your imagination run wild. They make a great base recipe for many other types of cupcakes.
I will share with you my favourites throughout this blog and some of the ways I have decorated them . You can decorate them as elaborately or as simple as you want depending on the occasion. Sometimes, a dusting of icing sugar is all they need.
In this recipe I will show you how to make rainbow vanilla cupcakes.
Rainbow Vanilla Cupcakes Ingredients
- 113 grams (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 133 grams (2/3 cup) white caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 192 grams (1 1/2 cups) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 45 grams polka dot sprinkles.
- 60 ml sour cream or plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 175°Celsius (350°Fahrenheit)
- Line your cupcake tray with paper cupcake liners
- Whisk all your wet ingredients, apart from sour cream, together in one bowl
- Add all the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Finally stir in the yoghurt and polka dot sprinkles
- Divide the mixture as equally as you can between the 12 cupcake cases
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top (test with a cake tester and if it comes out clean they are ready)
There are so many way to decorate these little cakes so I will dedicate a few pages to the types of icing you can use and decorations you can make .