Cream Cakes recipe
I came across a very interesting cream cakes recipe on timetocookonline blog of some cakes that used double cream instead of butter and I just had to try them out.
The cakes looked a bit too small so I decided to double the recipe so that I could bake muffins. The recipe is very simple to make. Double cream has a high fat content and if you shake double cream in a closed jar it turns to butter so the double cream substitute makes a lot of sense.
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 250ml double cream
- 300g self raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Butter and flour your muffin trays. I bake 16 muffins in total.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the sugar. Beat with a balloon whisk (or by hand or stand mixer) until the eggs are frothy and the sugar dissolved – about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and whisk.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into your muffin trays and bake.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the tray and allow to cool completely.
Serve and Enjoy