Easy Puff Pastry Recipe
In this video I show you how to make rough puff pastry easy. Rough puff pastry is much quicker and easier to make than puff pastry but still quite flaky but the layers are not as clearly defined as puff pastry.
- 225 grams plain four
- pinch of salt
- 150 grams cold butter
- 150 ml cold water
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the flour and salt into a bowl
- With the large side of a grater, grate the cold butter into the flour mixture and then add in the cold water and lemon juice and mix to form a dough.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll your dough on to it making it about 3 times longer than the width
- Fold the top third onto the middle of the pastry and then the bottom third to the middle and then fold it over then turn it and roll it out again and repeat the process.
- Wrap it in cling film and and put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up
- Repeat the rolling and folding process 2 more times and then put it in the fridge to chill until you are ready to use it.