Ever since I came across a bundt tin in a cake supplies shop I have been fascinated by bundt cakes. They look beautiful and I love the way they look. In this video I show you how to bake a vanilla bundt cake recipe. I
The bundt cake tins come in many love shapes and sizes. Since I am not into too much decorating of my cakes bundt cakes are ideal because they do not need and any of the fondant icings or butter icings which cover a lot of cakes. baked it one of my Nordic ware U.K bundt tins.
The bundt tin is enough to make to make it look beautiful and all you need to do is sprinkle a bit of icing sugar or drizzle some icing on top.
I will be sharing quite a few bundt cake recipes on my blog which you should feel free to try. Bundt cake tins can be quite expensive so if you are not ready to invest in one then there are other options to bake the same recipe. Read my baking suggestions at the end of this post to find out which other tins you can use.
This vanilla bundt cake recipe has a similar texture to madeira cake.
- 300g caster sugar
- 226g soft butter
- 4 large eggs
- 360g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- Grease and flour your bundt tin
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside
- In a different large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light
- Add the eggs one at a time beating the mixture well
- Add the vanilla and mix
- Add the dry ingredients and yoghurt and mix well until smooth
- Spoon the batter into the bundt tin and bake for 50-60 minutes
- Test with a cake tester or toothpick and if it comes out clean it is ready
- Leave it in the tin for 10 minutes and then turn it out on to a cooling rack to cool completely
- Drizzle the vanilla glaze on top of the vanilla bundt cake before it’s completely cool
- Serve the vanilla bundt cake when it is completely cool
Baking tray options
- Grease and flour or line with baking paper a baking tray roughly 13x9x2-inch
- 3 x 20cm round cake tins
- 2 x 23 cm cake tins
You can assemble the cakes baked in the round cake tins by sandwiching with icing of your choice.