The best moist chocolate cake recipe ever
In this video tutorial I show you how to make the best moist chocolate cake recipe ever. This is a two layer cake which is delicious, moist and simple to make. The great thing is you mix everything together in one bowl, whisk and divide between your cake tins. You get to learn how to make this moist dark chocolate cake recipe from scratch.
Moist chocolate cakes are my favourite and this is my favourite go to moist chocolate cake recipe. As a variation you could bake some moist chocolate cupcakes
- 200g caster sugar
- 220g light muscovado sugar
- 100g cocoa powder
- 270g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder or granules (if using granules dissolve them in the water)
- 240 ml warm water
- 120ml cup vegetable oil
- 240ml sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or a teaspoon of vanilla paste or seeds from a vanilla pod
- Preheat oven to 180°Celsius
- Line two round 8 inch cake tins and put it to one side.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into one large bowl
- Put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients one at a time and whisk, with a balloon whisk, until it is smooth. You may need a hand-held electric whisk for this if you have one.
- Divide the mixture between the two cake tins and bake for 25 – 30 mins and when you press it down gently it springs up. If you are unsure you can use a cake tester inserted into the middle of the cakes. If it comes out clean they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before turning the cake out onto a cooling rack to cool completely, using another cooling rack on top of the cake tin flip the cake upside down. Peel of the grease proof paper before letting it cool completely before icing.
- Here are some frostings you can try out, chocolate fudge icing
- You can double this Swiss Meringue buttercream