Sugar cookies that hold their shape when baked
In this video I show you how to bake these sugar cookies or biscuits which hold their shape when they are baked which makes them great for cookie decorating. Sugar cookies are also know as biscuits in some countries
You can make and shape these biscuits a few day in advance if you like and just bake them on the day you need them so that can save you some time if you are having guests over.
- 150 grams softened butter
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 300 grams plain flour
- a few tablespoons of jam
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the vanilla extract and mix
- Add the egg and mix
- Add the flour and salt and mix well into a dough ball.
- Put the dough in cling film, and flatten it, put it in the fridge until it firms up and becomes easy to roll
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out your dough then cut out your shapes with a biscuit cutter
- Gather up all remaining dough and shape into more biscuits until all your dough is used up
- Put them on a biscuit tray and put them in the fridge to firm up before baking.
- Ten minutes before they are ready preheat the oven to 180 Celsius and then bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes. Check on them so that they do not brown too quickly
- Put the biscuits on a cooling rack to cool completely
- When they cool down you can now decorate them
You can also try baking these lemon shortbread biscuits