Strawberry flavour sponge cake recipe from scratch UK
In this recipe I show you how to make strawberry flavour sponge cake recipe from scratch UK. The strawberry flavour is quite strong in this cake and it is soft and moist and smells and tastes amazing.
Strawberry flavour cake is absolutely amazing and it is a big hit with children. This recipe goes really well with cream cheese frosting but other frostings or icings will work depending on what you like.
- 200 ml vegetable oil
- 200 grams granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 240 ml strawberry milkshake room temperature
- 350 grams self-raising flour
- 60 grams Strawberry Nesquik powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pink food colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
- Grease and line two 20cm round cake tins and put to one side
- In a large bowl, add vegetable oil and eggs and whisk together together, with a balloon whisk
- Add in the strawberry Nesquik powder and whisk together
- If using food colouring add it now and whisk it in well
- Add in the strawberry milkshake and salt and mix
- Then add in the sugar and vanilla extract and whisk
- Finally add in the flour and mix until smooth
- Divide the cake mixture between the two cupcake tins and and bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until slightly brown on top. Test with a toothpick and if it comes out clean it is ready.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cakes in the cake tins for about 10 minutes before removing them from the tin and putting them on the cooling rack to cool completely before decorating.
- You can sandwich the strawberry cakes together using the icing recipes below and if you want you can decorate the top and sides too.