Simple vanilla cupcakes recipe with oil
This is one of my favourite simple vanilla cupcakes recipe with oil instead of butter. They are moist and they taste amazing. The great thing about cupcakes is that they are a blank canvas and you can decorate them anyway you want and you can decorate them with all sorts of colours to suit your occasion or theme.
I have a few vanilla cup cake recipes and I alternate between them depending on what ingredients I have. Some require more eggs than others so if I have just two eggs I could use this recipe and maybe another day a different one. This recipe is easy to double, triple or multiply by whatever number to get the right amount.
If you would like to know how to decorate cupcakes you can watch this video where I demonstrate three different ways to decorate cupcakes.
- 165 grams self raising flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 120 ml cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 175 Celsius
- Line your cupcake tray with cupcake cases
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in one bowl
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl or jug
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until smooth
- Pour the mixture into the cupcake cases until they are about 2/3 full
- Bake in the oven for about 14-16 minutes , test with a cake tester to see if they are baked through
- Remove from the oven and leave them in the tray for 2 minutes and then put them on a cooling rack to cool completely
You can decorate them when they are completely cold with any icing of your choice. I prefer to use the following recipes to decorate