Simple cake decorating for beginners
In this video tutorial I am going to show you Simple cake decorating for beginners. It is a simple naked cake design and you can add any decorations you like on top. I just happened to have some French macarons which I used. If you would like to learn how to bake French macarons I have a video tutorial showing you how to.
There are two methods I use to bake macarons so you can choose any of the two but I prefer the French method of making macarons because it is easier.
You will need the following
- A two layer cake
- Double this Swiss meringue buttercream or any buttercream of your choice
- Some decorations for your cake
- If you want to try baking macarons you can find the recipes here
- French method macarons
- Italian method macarons
- A piping bag
- A round piping nozzle
- Bake your cakes and then when they are cooled put one on a serving plate
- Put your nozzle in a piping bag
- Put the buttercream in the piping bag and then pipe the Swiss meringue buttercream on to the cake on the plate, make sure the whole cake is covered.
- Take your second cake and put it on top of the cake on the plate and pipe on top.
- Top it up with the decorations you are using. If you are using macarons, arrange them so that you have a macaron per slice of cake.
- Serve and enjoy.