Salted caramel sauce with condensed milk
Caramel sauce is a great addition to desserts and for making some no bake desserts like banoffee pies. It is quick and simple to make and the addition of salt stops it from being too sickly sweet often associated with caramel.
You can use this caramel to make this delicious salted caramel millionaires’ shortbread which is delicious and simple to make.
For the caramel
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g dark muscovado sugar
- 397g can condensed milk
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put the unsalted butter and brown sugar in a pot and melt them together
- Add the condensed milk and stir until you reach the caramel colour
- Add the salt and mix for about a minute and remove from the heat and cool it.
- You can store in a jug or use the caramel for salted caramel Millionaires’ shortbread