Pumpkin bundt cake
I am always trying out new recipes and experimenting with old ones to come up with new recipes. Some of my experiments are a success and some are not. This pumpkin bundt cake recipe is one of the successful experiments.
I am going to share with you this delicious pumpkin bundt cake recipe. It tastes delicious!The spices fill the kitchen with a wonderful aroma when it is being baked.
- 240ml vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 425 grams cooked mashed pumpkin or butternut squash
- grated zest of 1 medium orange
- 300 grams caster sugar
- 110 grams soft brown sugar
- 390 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 175 Celsius
- Butter and flour a bundt cake tin
- Pour the oil and the sugar into a large mixing bowl and beat together for about a minute.
- Add the eggs and orange zest and beat for about a minute
- Mix in the butternut squash, with a wooden spoon until smooth. You can also use a handwhisk
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt cake tin
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, text with a cake tester, if it comes out clean it is ready
- Leave the cake in the bundt tin for 10 minutes before turning it onto a cooling rack to cool completely
Make cream cheese icing and spoon it onto the cake and put sprinkles on top or simply dust with some icing sugar and cinnamon powder.
Bake the cake in a tray bake tin and cut the baking time to about 35-40 minutes. Decorate with cream cheese and sprinkles or just dust with icing sugar and cinnamon. Bake the cake in three 20cm round cake tins to make a layered cake sandwiched with cream cheese icing.