Oat Flapjacks traybake
In this video I am going to show you how to make an oat flapjacks traybake. It’s simple and quick to make and they taste delicious. You can have them with a hot drink, as a snack or you can cut them up and eat them like cereal bars.
- 500 grams oats porridge
- 100 grams plain flour
- 300 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams light muscovado sugar
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Grease a baking tin which is about 13 x 9 x 2 inch (33 x 23 x 5 cm) and line the base with greaseproof paper
- Measure the oats and flour into a bowl
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pot and put on a medium heat on the stove and heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved
- Pour the liquid into the oats mixture and stir
- Put the mixture into the prepared baking tray and spread it out evenly
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden brown on top. You do not want them to be too brown because they will be hard and crunchy and not soft and chewy as they should
- Remove from the oven and cut them, whilst still hot, into the amount of slices you want. Make sure you cut them whilst hot because if you wait for them to cool down completely first they will crumble and break.
- Let them cool in the tin for about 10 minutes and then remove them from the tin to cool completely on a cooling rack.