Nordic Ware UK Citrus Loaf Pan Recipe
I am going to share with you this Nordic Ware UK citrus loaf pan recipe. It is a great recipe for spring, summer and I guess any time of the year if you love lemons like I do.
- 150g butter, unsalted softened, plus extra for greasing
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 250g self-raising flour
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 200g eggs (about 3 large eggs), at room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon lemon
For the drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, then grease and flour your Nordic Ware U.K citrus loaf pan and put it to one side
- Add lemon zest to a bowl with butter, vanilla extract and sugar into a bowl and cream it together. Add eggs one at a time and mix well between each egg added. Add the flour and the yoghurt and mix until smooth, you can use a hand whisk if you cannot get it smooth enough.
- Put the mixture in to the Nordic Ware U.K citrus pan and smooth the surfaces.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes (depending on your oven) or until well risen and golden brown and the cake feels springy when lightly pressed. Check on it after 35 minutes and if it is browning too much and you think it might burn cover with foil and continue baking.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then flip the cake onto another cooling rack and make holes with a toothpick all over the cake
- Make the lemon drizzle icing
- Spoon the drizzle on top of the cake and let it soak through and leave to cool completely
- Put on a serving plate and then serve.
You can buy the cake tin here :