Nordic Ware Beehive Cake Pan Recipe
In this video tutorial I share with you a Nordic Ware Beehive cake pan recipe. I love Nordic Ware U.K cake tins because of their gorgeous patterns which are imprinted in the cakes.
They are made from cast aluminium which make them very strong and they come with a lifetime guarantee from Nordic ware.
- 200 grams butter
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 250 grams sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50 ml honey (optional) if not using honey add this amount in sugar
- 360 grams self raising flour
- 4 large eggs
- 180 ml buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A small batch Swiss Meringue buttercream
- Water icing. I used some honey gold gel colour paste to colour it.
- Pre-heat oven to 150 Celsius
- Spray/Spread your cake tin with cake release (you can buy some here) or brush the inside of your tin with melted butter and dust with some flour. Put to one side.
- Put the butter, oil, honey and sugar in a bowl and whisk together until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and whisk well between each egg added.
- Add in the flour, salt and buttermilk and fold in with a spatula until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the two sides of the cake tin and level with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for about an hour until it is well reason and golden brown. You can use a cake taster dipped in the middle of the cakes, if it comes out clean they are ready.
- Remove from the oven and leave them in the baking tray for about 10 minutes.
- Put a cooling rack on top of the cake tray and then flip it upside down to release the cakes.
- Gently pull off the cake tins and then leave them to cool completely.
- When they have cooled down trim the edges of the cakes, if necessary.
- Put one half of the cake on a serving plate and then spread butter on one half of the cake and then sandwich with the other half. (If the cakes are slightly humped you might need too level them with a serrated knife)
- Drip some of the water icing on to the cake. You can add some edible bee decorations on top
- You can let it set and serve.