Moist chocolate tray bake recipes UK
In this video tutorial I show you how to bake this delicious moist chocolate tray bake. It is quick and simple to make and great for feeding crowds.
- 200g caster sugar
- 220g light muscovado sugar
- 100g cocoa powder
- 270g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder or granules (if using granules dissolve them in the water)
- 240 ml warm water
- 120ml cup vegetable oil
- 240ml sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or a teaspoon of vanilla paste or seeds from a vanilla pod
- Preheat oven to 180°Celsius
- Butter and line with greaseproof paper a 23cm x 30cm x 5cm (9inch x 12inch x 2inch) or nearest measurements.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into one large bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk, with a balloon whisk, until it is smooth. You may need a hand-held electric whisk for this if you have one.
- Pour the mixture in to the cake tin and bake for 40 mins or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and let it rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before turning the cake out onto a cooling rack to cool completely, using another cooling rack on top of the cake tin flip the cake upside down. Peel of the grease proof paper before letting it cool completely before icing.
For the Icing
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together with 1 tbsp water and add the vanilla extract
- Sift in the cocoa powder and salt
- Beat in the icing sugar, to make a smooth icing.
- Add a little extra boiling water if needed.
- Spread over the cool cake and sprinkle on some sprinkles
- Cut into some squares and serve. You can be really creative with this.