1In this video I will be showing you how to bake a moist 8 inch vanilla sponge cake recipe. Moist vanilla cakes are some of the most popular types of cakes because dry cakes just do not taste as good.
This moist vanilla sponge cake recipe is quick and simple to make and tastes delicious.
- 150 grams self raising flour
- 115 grams caster sugar
- 105 millilitres vegetable oil
- 45 millilitres milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150 Celsius
- Prepare an 8 inch round round cake tin and put it to one side
- In a bowl of oil add in your eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract and whisk it all together
- Then add in your flour and baking powder and whisk until nice and smooth
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until slightly golden brown on top.
- Test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean it is ready
- Remove from the oven and leave the cake in the tin for about 5-10 minutes and then remove from the cake tin and peel off the greaseproof paper and leave to cool completely before decorating.