Mini heritage bundtlette recipe
I love Nordic ware bundt tins because they are strong, durable and have some beautiful designs which show up when a cake is baked. I bought a nordic ware mini heritage bundlette tray and I could not wait to try out a mini heritage bundlette recipe for this tray. You can read more about my mini heritage bundtlette tray here Nordic ware mini heritage bundtlette tray
Anyway I eventually got to use my Nordic ware mini heritage bundlette tray and I was really impressed with the results as I have been with all my other Nordic ware bundt tins.
This recipe makes 6.
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 63 ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- 125 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract or seed of half of a vanilla bean
- 200 grams plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Syrup for the cake (optional)
- 50 ml water
- 50 ml caster sugar
- seeds from half a vanilla pod or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
- Melt some butter and brush the inside of the Nordic ware mini bundtlette tray and flour it , this will stop them from sticking.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix the wet ingredients together separately in a jug.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly brown on top. Test with a toothpick to check if they are ready. If it comes out clean they are ready.
- Make the syrup by boiling the water, vanilla seeds and sugar
- When the cakes are out of the oven prick them all over with a toothpick and spoon the syrup into the cakes whilst they are still hot.
- Leave them in the tray for about 5 minutes and then use a cooling rack to flip the cakes onto the cooling rack and leave them to cool completely.
- You can decorate them by drizzling some water icing or dusting them with icing sugar.