Marshmallow rice krispies treats
Rice Krispies are a breakfast cereal and they are very light. Rice Krispies treats are great for snacking on and they are quick and simple since they do not need to be baked. I have used rice krispies treats to mould an ice cream cone to go on top of my cake below. Rice Krispies treats can also be used to make some models that go on top of cakes because they can be easier to mould and sculpt unlike fondant.
In this recipe I will share with you a recipe to make the marshmallow rice krispies treats in an 8 inch square cake tin.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups rice krispies treats
- Line an 8 inch square cake tin with greaseproof/baking paper
- Put the two tablespoons of butter in a pot and melt it over a low heat on the stove.
- Add the marshmallows to the melted butter and melt them and remove from the heat.
- Finally add in your Rice Krispies and mix until they are fully coated in the melted marshmallow.
- Put the marshmallow rice krispies in the prepared cake tin and then them cool and set at room temperature
- When they are set cut them into squares and serve.
Marshmallow rice Krispies treats are used by a lot of cake decorators to make some complex designs because it holds together a lot more and quite easy to sculpt. I baked the cake below and I used rice Krispies treats for the ice cream cone because I did not want to bake another cake or cupcakes to form the ice cream part.
If you would like to make a bigger batch of marshmallow rice krispies treats just multiply the recipe a few times to fit the size of your cake tin.