Marshmallow fondant recipe
In this video tutorial I show you how to make marshmallow fondant which is really easy to make and tastes great. I used a mixture of pink and white marshmallows but if you can find white only marshmallows that is better. Another way is to buy packs of pink and white and take out all the white marshmallows.
You can then colour the fondant any colour you want.
- any amount marshmallows ( I used 280 grams)
- icing sugar (about 100 grams, more or less)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Add marshmallows to a large bowl
- Put in the microwave and microwave for a few seconds. If you do not have a microwave melt them, in a bowl, over a pot of boiling water
- Stir with a spoon and mix, if not melted put them back in the microwave for a few seconds
- Check if melted and stir completely, if you are adding colour and water this is the right time to do it
- Start adding icing sugar to the bowl and knead with your hands in the bowl
- When it is less sticky add some icing sugar to a work surface and put the fondant on a work surface and start kneading.
- Knead, and keep adding icing sugar, until it is not stick any more
- Then it is ready to roll and use to cover cakes.