How to make lemon curd
In this video I will be showing you how to make lemon curd. Lemon curd has many different uses, it can be used to sandwich lemon cakes instead of using jam. I also used lemon curd in a lemon meringue pie
Lemon curd is quick and simple to make. Once the lemon curd has cooled and you are not using it immediately you can store it in sterilised jars and store in the fridge.
You can sterilise the jars by first preheating your oven to 160 Celsius and then washing them in very hot soapy water and then rinsing them thoroughly and then put them in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Grated zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 45 grams cornflour
- 2 large egg yolks
- 75 grams caster sugar
- To make the lemon filling zest your lemons into a small and squeeze the juice into the same bowl.
- Add the cornflour and whisk it together.
- Boil 300 ml water in a pot and pour it into the bowl of lemon juice mixture, whisk together and then pour the mixture back into the pot and then put it back on the heat and stir until the mixture is thick.
- Remove from the heat and add in the sugar and egg yolks and mix. Put it back on the heat and then whisk until thick, roughly for a minute. Pour in a bowl and leave to one side to cool completely. At this point you can store it in the sterilised jars if you are not going to use the lemon curd immediately.