Jam Thumbprint Cookies UK
In this video tutorial I show you how to bake these simple and delicious jam thumbprint cookies UK. These thumbprint cookies have a shortbread kind or texture and melt in the mouth. The cookies are baked in the oven with jam in the middle. You can use your thumb or any other finger to make a ‘well for your jam.
The cookies are similar to some Swedish pastry called Hallongrotta (plural: hallongrottor) . The name means “Raspberry cave” in Swedish. In the United States they are known as thumbprint cookies.
The cornflour in this recipe makes them soft and melt in the mouth kind of cookies. You can just some icing sugar on top or make some of this powdered sugar icing to decorate the top.
- 225g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 115g cornflour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- raspberry jam, strawberry jam or any other jam of your choice
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 Celsius
- Prepare a baking tray
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl and add the vanilla extract
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until it looks crumbly
You can also try out these easy lemon shortbread cookies