Iced lemon ring biscuits recipe
I love baking biscuits especially when I and even though I rate lemon shortbread as my most favourite biscuit I really enjoy these iced lemon ring biscuits too.
I will share the recipe with you below and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 115 grams soft unsalted butter
- 85 grams caster sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- zest of one small lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams plain flour
- lemon icing made like water icing
- food colouring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 Celsius.
- Prepare two baking trays or if you have one use that one and then just reuse it for the next batch.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl and then add in the lemon zest and vanilla and mix well and then add the egg yolk and mix.
- Finally add in the flour and mix until it forms a dough.
- Lightly flour your work surface and tip your dough on to it and lightly flour the dough on top and roll the dough to about 5mm.
- Cut out rounds which are about 8 cm round and then cut out the centre with a smaller round cutter which is about 2.5 cm. Gather up the remaining dough and cut out more shapes.
- Put the rings on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- When they are ready leave them on the cooling rack for about two minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely. If you try to move the biscuits to a cooling rack whilst still hot they will break.
- While they are cooling make your lemon icing like in this water icing recipe just replacing the water for the lemon juice from the zested lemon. You can colour it if you want or you can leave it white.
- Drizzle over your lemon shortbread biscuits and let them set and then serve and enjoy.